Once a case has come to its end and a Final Judgment has been entered, there are certain Orders put in place by the Court. Many times, one or both parties will not fully comply with the Order(s). Some of these Orders may direct a party to pay a certain amount of child support or alimony, set a certain child timesharing schedule, or put someone in control of a home mortgage. If one of the parties is not complying with the Court’s Order(s), that party can be found in contempt of court.

When one party suspects the other of contempt, they will have to file a motion with the Court asking for it to be reinforced. Generally a hearing on the Motion for Contempt must be held in order for the Judge to hear both sides of the story and come to a decision.

If you find yourself involved in a contempt issue, whether you are the one in contempt, or whether you would like to pursue a contempt action against someone else, Contact the experienced men’s divorce attorneys at Men’s Divorce Law Firm to set up an initial consultation.